Friday, January 15, 2010

Who am I?

After teaching tonight, I was in the shower, my mind racing with what I would write as my first post. I mean, this is my introduction of me to the virtual world, and what I say could have drastic implications on how my blog is viewed....right?

So, my thoughts started going to how do I introduce myself...who am I? Everything I thought of to describe myself started to feel inadequate. I could introduce a physical description: 31 years old, 5'3", blond hair, blue eyes; I could introduce my vocations: yoga and JourneyDance instructor, Wellness Coach and workshop facilitator; my life's intentions: to live joyously, with meaning, and help others do the same; but how would I introduce me and what aspects are relevant?

We all have experienced different aspects of ourselves that show up in different places and different times. Some, have an aspect that is our "work me", or "party me", "yoga me", "spouse me", and the list goes on. I started thinking of when I used to work in bars, and the "bar me" was an extremely fun, flirtatious, easy going party girl. I was always happy, had something witty to say, and was very interested in everything you...my patron. I stopped making friends with my patrons because they soon realized that once I was out of uniform, out of my environment, I was a much more quiet, introspective person with some pretty intense philosophies of the world. I was tired of feeling that I was disappointing them so I just stopped making friends at work. I had no idea how to merge these two parts of me to be an authentic representation of who I was.

Then when I started teaching yoga, I finally felt like I could rest into who I really was. But in fact, I started to feel as though I now had to fit into a different role. One in which I had to be wholesome, spiritual, practice daily,and not drink booze. It was a lot of pressure to be this yogini I thought I had to be. Especially coming from the complete opposite environment in my past. The interesting thing is, as I actually started living my truth, speaking my truth, and being my truth, none of that mattered anymore. As the duplicity or even multiplicity, of who I was merged into one whole being I actually became more wholesome and spiritual, practicing daily became a part of my daily ritual, and I no longer care to have a few drinks to let go, because there's no longer anything to let go of.

So, how do I want myself introduced? My name is Tina, I'm a young woman with big dreams, with an open heart, a lot of faith, and just trying to figure it all out. Nice to meet you.

2 comments:

  1. you are an amazing women and I am lucky to know you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, your classes are a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing time and knowledge and good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete