Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Angels in disguise

I believe angels walk among us, white knights and fairies too. I really do. There is real magic in this world if you only open your eyes. Only last week I encountered an angel...

I have been teaching 20 classes a week for almost 2 years now, most people say I am crazy, and some days I feel it too, and lately more than I'd like to. I had been feeling burnt out, uninspired, and sick of my own voice, and then...like magic, poof!...an angel walked into my life! After class last week, I was chatting with one of my very wonderful students, and she had asked me what else I do for work. The conversation went something like this:

I laughed, "This is all I do for work, I teach yoga full time."

"You mean you get to do this everyday? You get to be in this space, immersed in yoga all the time?"

"Yeah...I guess I do," I said smiling.

"Oh, my gosh! You are so lucky! I get to come here for an hour, when I can fit it in to my life. You get to live this stuff everyday!"

"Its true, I really do."

And that's when I got it. I mean I REALLY got it. I suddenly had a vision of me a few years ago, struggling in my life, unhappy, and wishing that I could live a life aligned with my values, where I was using my body, and helping others to realize amazing lives for themselves. I realized, that I had literally done a 180 degree turn from where my life was, to where it is now, and I am currently living my dream that I had wished for and more. Isn't that remarkable? What I had wanted, my deepest hearts desire, is here, right now, as my life, and I couldn't see it for what it was.

What my angel had done, is succeed in waking me up to the wonderment and beauty of my life. I had such a profound experience of gratitude, for my lovely student (who is surely my teacher as well), and for the life I was living. Its true, I 'get' to do this yoga thing everyday, I 'get' to live its philosophy, I 'get' to live my life on my terms, and I can also 'get' to appreciate how wonderful it is as long as I can keep my eyes open to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment