Monday, November 22, 2010

We are what we think

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts, we make our world.
-Buddha

Thanks to the Buddha for keeping it real. We've all heard the quote "whether you think you can or can't, you're right," and it's the truth. Our entire realities are made up purely of perceptions, and most of our perceptions are clouded by past experiences and hurts so we are rarely even perceiving clearly.

What if you took can't out of your vocabulary, what might be different? Last year I played an experiment with myself of not only saying yes to every opportunity I could, but committing to following through with them. My motto during that time was "lets make it happen" and do you know what? I did. It was one of my best years ever, and the most fun! Our perceived limitations are only as real as we let them be, but our strength and courage are also as strong as we believe them to be.

Believe you are everything, that this world was made for you to succeed. Why? Because it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment