Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The divine children...

Last Friday I had a beautiful and mind blowing experience. I'll tell you, you might think I'm crazy, I thought I was crazy for a few moments, but it was the kind of crazy I wanted to stay. Forever.

It happened while I was teaching my noon hour corporate class. They are an amazing group consisting of varying ages and abilities and I have been lucky enough to teach them for the past year. The class itself started like any other, and then everything shifted as I was observing them in tree pose. All of them were working so hard to do their personal best, and suddenly as I was watching them, everything was different, as they almost seemed to change into what I could only describe as rainbows of light and colour. Each of them separate, unique, but intensely beautiful in their own way, and expressing this individual colour through their bodies in asana. It was wild. Then I noticed their actual bodies and realized that appearance of each physical self, is just an accident, it's just kind of what came out to support the non-physical self, and completely irrelevant to the spectacular rainbows of light that lay inside.

In those moments nothing had actually changed, but how I was seeing things had completely changed. I felt such an overflow of love for these individuals on such a deep level I fought back tears because I was so overcome by it. It was such a remarkable way to feel, and I wanted to hold on to it as long as possible, knowing that it would eventually pass. It was a challenge to find the balance of being in the experience while maintaining instruction of the class.

At the end during Shavasana, I always come around to each student and give them a small neck and head massage with a little personal blessing. This time as I looked at each face, I saw them each as the child they once were, and the child they continue to be, through the innocence that still lives inside us all. I felt such a loving nurturing energy come from me as I blessed and cared for each beautiful perfect soul. They gave more to me in those moments then they will ever know.

The moment has passed, and those feelings have dulled, but as a wise man once said to me "You can never not know something once you know." I now know that I was witnessing the truth of each of us, that we are all the divine child dancing in the beauty of our own light.

No comments:

Post a Comment